Thank you for your interest in PIT Group (FPInnovations), we encourage you to visit our web site regularly for new opportunities.
Please feel free to submit your resume.
Researcher (Vehicle Telemetry) – PIT Group (FPInnovations)
Location: Pointe-Claire or Vancouver
FPInnovations is a major research centre, with 500 employees spread throughout its centres in Quebec City, Vancouver and Montreal. FPInnovations works toward implementing innovative solutions in order to improve the competitiveness of its members and clients. FPInnovations’ Transportation Department offers R&D and technological implementation services in road transportation of goods and people. Activities are on the rise and have a major impact throughout the transportation sector in North America.
FPInnovations is seeking an expert in vehicle telemetry who will work in close cooperation with the other members of the team as well as with technical and industry operational personnel, government agencies and for technology providers in order to support them in their development. Since our work is very applied, the activities will be carried out in the field and out of town. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, , and able to work on a multidisciplinary team and available to travel in North America, up to 20% of the time.
- Be the resource person for analysing and developing key performance indicators (KPI) in vehicle telemetry.
- Analyse vehicle data.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (researchers, technicians, programmer, etc.).
- Take part in implementing solutions developed.
- Project management.
- Report writing (scientific, operational, technical)
- Presentation of results.
- Knowledge of motor-related data transfer protocols on heavy vehicles
- Skills with various telemetry systems
- Detail oriented
- Minimum 5 years of road transportation experience
- University degree in engineering or in a related field or continuing education combined with experience
- Bilingualism (oral and written) (an asset)
- Good teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Verbal communication, report-writing and project management skills
- Receptive to learning new competencies and adapt to client needs
- Client oriented
- Efficiency in working with Microsoft Office
- Driver’s licence issued by a Canadian province
Please submit your resume to:
Researcher / Civil Engineer – Roads and Infrastructure (FPInnovations)
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop pathbreaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
FPInnovations has a Roads and Infrastructure Group with a team of energetic, highly-skilled researchers and technicians based in Vancouver and Montreal. The team provides road engineering solutions and generates value for industrial members, provincial and federal government partners, and contracted clients. Our vision is to provide superior service to our traditional forest sector clients and extend our services to other resource and transportation sectors. Our projects deal with the construction and maintenance of resource roads and water crossings, the environmental impacts of road infrastructure, the interaction between roads and heavy vehicles, road safety issues and climate change impacts and solutions for infrastructure.
FPInnovations is seeking a researcher/civil engineer for its Roads and Infrastructure Group. The candidate will work in close collaboration with other team members, and with operational and technical personnel in industry and government. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to apply existing skills to define and implement applied engineering research approaches for resource road problems, and eager to develop new skills to take on ever-changing road engineering and transportation challenges. The successful candidate will contribute to positive outcomes for resource road clients in one or more of the following areas:
- Bridge and culvert investigations and design
- Hydrological engineering
- Understanding of climate change on roads and infrastructure, risk and vulnerability assessments
- Pipeline crossing investigations and design
- Evaluation of innovative road construction and maintenance equipment and techniques
- Road maintenance management and life cycle costing
- Road design and analysis of road geometry for heavy vehicle configurations
- Foundation design for roads and drainage structures on weak soils (e.g., designing with geosynthetics and soil stabilization)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- A Master’s degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a relevant field. A comparable combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with the Québec Order of Engineers (or registered in another province).
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada and work in the field, often in remote locations.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare quality technical reports and presentations.
- Receptive to learning new skills and adapting to client-driven needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently in the field, as required.
- Capacity to lead and manage field studies.
- Strong client focus.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and GPS tools. Knowledge of road engineering programs (e.g., RoadEng) and GIS applications would be an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is mandatory
- A valid driver’s license.
Nota: The masculine gender includes the feminine and is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Please submit your resume to:
Recruitment_recrutement@fpinnovations.ca and indicate reference number 82.