PIT GROUP MEMBER BENEFITS
A PIT Group Member has privileged access to various inclusive services that offer an immediate return on investment.
Services included with a PIT Group Membership:
- General access to our experts’ advice (phone or email)
- Energotest ® results*
- Reports on the Applied Research Program
- Voting rights on the Applied Research Program
- Access to PIT Group members network
- Forum-type discussions among PIT Group members
- Rebates at all PIT Group activities
- News, case studies and electronic bulletins
PIT GROUP APPLIED RESEARCH PROGRAM
PIT Group’s Applied Research Program, provides customized technological solutions and assistance to trucking or public service fleet managers, who want to improve efficiency and performance, reduce the cost and environmental impact of their operations or improve operational safety.
- PIT Group Decision Process. A program advisory committee formed by the PIT Group members meets once a year at the PIT Group Annual meeting to collect PIT Group members’ project ideas which will be used to set the PIT Group’s priorities. The transparent decision process for the PIT Group’s Applied Research Program is managed as follows:
- PIT Group members submit issues requiring solutions;
- The PIT Group analyzes and groups these project recommendations by themes and objectives;
- The PIT Group identifies and defines a series of projects that are recommended to the PIT Group members;
- PIT Group members vote on recommended projects for the coming year. Each PIT Group member has 10 voting rights that it can apply separately to projects or regroup some voting rights to one or more specific projects that it believes deserves more attention.
- According to the PIT Group members’ vote and budget, the PIT Group selects the projects that are to be executed during the year.
Should a PIT Group Member’s priorities differ from those projects elected by the PIT Group members or if the PIT Group Member requests work where results cannot be shared with other PIT Group members, PIT Group researchers can be hired at a significantly reduced cost to undertake such mandates.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Immediate access to the results of over 270 tested technologies. This represents an investment of 3 million dollars in testing.
- Save time and money and let an unbiased third party test the new products and technologies instead of doing it yourself. Access to 100% guaranteed information.
- Concentrate your efforts on best practices implementation in your fleet.
The discounted pay-per-use services are billed and invoiced independent of the PIT Group Membership and are governed by separate service agreements with their own terms and conditions.
“We now rely on the Energotest to select fuel saving technologies. We no longer worry about technology decisions.”
Claude Robert, President
“We refer all technology suppliers to PIT Group, I only talk to suppliers after everything is vetted by them. We consider PIT Group an extension of our company.”
Eric M. Hansen, Global Bulk Distribution Manager
“Leveraging the disciplined PIT Group testing protocols allows us to focus our efforts on our core competencies of managing our fleet operations and not testing components.”
VP Fleet Maintenance
“Our corporate purchasing policy is to ensure all products we look at are endorsed by PIT Group and its Energotest campaign.”
SLH TRANSPORT INC.
Brent Fowler, Vice-President
“Their service helps us make clear decisions about new technologies to acquire.”
Real Gagnon, President